Universal Music is the market leader in the music business. The world’s most famous and most successful record labels belong to us. We’ve been writing music history for over 100 years representing legendary musicians across all genres. Our accomplishments are driven by our love for music, extraordinary artists and our ambitious team.
One of the most prestigious names in global classical music since its foundation in 1898, Deutsche Grammophon has always stood for the highest standards of artistry and sound quality. Home to the greatest artists of all time, the famous yellow label is a beacon to which music lovers all over the world look for outstanding musical interpretations, audio recordings and visual productions. Highly dedicated to the development of new repertoire in arts music, Deutsche Grammophon fosters and promotes a whole range of popular contemporary artists and eminent composers. The label also prides itself on its innovative use of the latest technology to provide music digitally to audiences worldwide.
Deutsche Grammophon’s current artist roster boasts some of the most distinguished figures in classical and contemporary music today, including Martha Argerich, Daniel Barenboim, Gustavo Dudamel, Elīna Garanča, Hélène Grimaud, Evgeny Kissin, Lang Lang, Anne-Sophie Mutter, Andris Nelsons, Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Murray Perahia, Maurizio Pollini, Grigory Sokolov, Bryn Terfel, Daniil Trifonov, Rolando Villazón, Krystian Zimerman as well as Joep Beving, Hildur Guðnadóttir, Dustin O’Halloran, Agnes Obel, Víkingur Ólafsson and Max Richter. In addition, the label’s catalogue represents the cultural legacy of whole generations of maestri and features recordings from many of the finest artists in music history, including Claudio Abbado, Leonard Bernstein, Pierre Boulez, Vladimir Horowitz, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Herbert von Karajan, Carlos Kleiber, Mstislav Rostropovich as well as Andrés Segovia.
International Marketing & Promotion is responsible for the marketing and promotion of our artists through the respective Universal Music subsidiaries abroad.
Here’s your chance to join! Effective immediately, we’re looking for a Trainee International Marketing & Promotion (all genders) to join us at our Headquarters in Berlin. It will be a fixed-term full-time position for 12 months with the prospect of extension.
- You are co-responsible for the international marketing of Deutsche Grammophon artists, assisting the Senior Manager International projects.
- You develop, coordinate, control and analyze international releases and digital marketing/promotion campaigns together with the various Label teams
- You find fitting marketing measures, apply new marketing trends and focus on the digital market situation and development nationally and internationally
- You are the interface between artists and managements as well as the various Universal Music sister companies, foreign labels and third-party partners
- You maintain the international network and further build it up
- You organize promotional trips
We are keen to jam with you if you:
- You know our industry and our repertoire well – your music affinity is a strong asset
- Due to the international cooperation excellent English skills are mandatory. Further foreign language skills, especially not European languages are an advantage.
Your personality matters:
- You are always interested in the latest digital trends and observe the market for changes and implement those successfully in your campaigns
- You possess excellent organizational skills
- You can inspire and convince your environment of your ideas
- You have diplomatic skills in dealing with different stakeholders
- You feel confident in talks and presentations, taking into account cultural and company-political peculiarities
- Your actions are characterized by independence and initiative, especially in situations with artists abroad
- You love to travel. You are used to flexible working hours with regard to communication in different time zones and know how to deal with this
Who we are:
- Diversity, respect and tolerance – both human and musical – are essential for us. Therefore, diversity and inclusion are consistently supported and championed by the People & Culture team as well as our Better Together initiative
- We live an open communication and thrive as a team – for this purpose we meet at eye level regardless of hierarchy
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find simple solutions
- Together we take responsibility, even beyond our daily business, which is why we are actively committed to more sustainability and environmental protection through our Sustainability Workgroups
We look forward to receiving your application via our online application form! Please upload your documents (letter of motivation / cover letter, CV, references) as files and state your earliest starting date as well as salary expectations.