Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group (UMG) is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
Universal Music identifies and develops recording artists and songwriters worldwide. Through each foreign division of Universal Music, The International Marketing team produces, distributes and promotes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music of all Domestic artists.
We are looking for an Intern in our Berlin office in our International Marketing department for a 6-month placement starting in January 2021.
About this role:
- Provide support to the International Marketing team on developing Universal Music’s global newcomer
- Work closely with our Marketing and Domestic team as well as our international colleagues
- Communicate with artist management teams and external partners – primarily in English
- Work closely with our Marketing Director providing support on meeting preparations as well as administrative tasks within the department and on projects
- Work with the team on international marketing projects and be responsible for own small projects
- Draft marketing e-mails
- Organize and create data for a global distribution
- Create performance reports
- Assist in general administrative tasks
Skills & Experiences
- You are currently studying media economy, marketing or communication sciences or similar studies
- Solid written presentation and communication skills in English and German
- Advanced understanding of MS Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of working analytically and evaluating data
- Excellent written skills and born to be a storyteller in order to identity and develop new texts about music and artists
- Creative and thoughtful on new trends
- Highly organized and keeping an overview with the ability to priorities tasks and deadlines
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and an open-minded attitude
What to expect
- Strengthen skills such as creativity, innovation and ingenuity
- Develop the ability to priorities and multi-task
- Develop music copyright skills for marketing as well as data entry and management
- Develop knowledge in working with colleagues from the different territories within Universal Music
- Experience in the global music industry
- Experience of working at an international level
- Experience the music life circle of a song – from a song idea, to the publishing procedure on Spotify up to reaching to be No 1 of the charts as well as the usage in movies
- Helping individuals achieve their career goals by investing in their development and success while cementing UMG’s position as the world leader in music-based entertainment
- UMG is committed to seeking out and hiring the best; bold and innovative thinkers who bend the curve
- We live an open-minded culture with flat hierarchies
- Diversity and Tolerance – as humans and musically – are important to us
This internship is well suited for a mandatory internship. Therefore, applications in the context of a mandatory internship are given prioritization.
Please only apply online with a purposeful application. Please upload your cover letter, your CV and certificates as files (max. 10 MB per file).
We are looking forward receiving your application!