Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses in more than 60 countries. Our labels include the most famous brands in the music world. The Universal Music Group is part of Vivendi, a global media and communications company.
Like no other company, Universal Music shapes the landscape of the international music scene. We have been writing music history for over 100 years representing artists across all genres. Universal Music discovers exciting new artists on every continent. Our accomplishments are driven by our love for music, extraordinary artists and our ambitious team.
The International Marketing Department is responsible for promoting domestic artists to the respective Universal Music partners around the globe. Here is your chance to join! We are looking for a Working Student (all genders) starting from August 1st for at least 12 months in our Berlin office.
About this role
Join the team that promotes and markets music worldwide!
- Provide support to the International Marketing team by
- drafting marketing emails
- creating performance reports
- manage and update document library
- pulling and distributing data reports
- assisting with physical global mailouts
- attending label meetings and disseminating information to the team
- general administrative tasks
- Communicate and work closely with artist management, domestic labels, various Universal Music Germany departments and colleagues around the world – primarily in English
- You’ll have the chance to lead your own artist projects
Skills and Experience
In our business it’s important to make good decisions quickly; we count on proactive teammates who aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You possess a fluent/native command of English and German, both written and spoken
- You are currently studying social sciences, marketing, or similar studies
- You have experience with MS Office: especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- You have basic creative writing skills
- You’re highly organized — possess the ability to prioritise tasks and keep deadlines
- You thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently
- You have excellent communication skills and an open-minded attitude
- Your finger is on the pulse of new music, and knowledge of social trends (TikTok + Instagram) are a plus!
What to expect
You’ll strengthen and develop a wide range of skills working in a multicultural, fast-paced and enthusiastic work environment.
- You’ll strengthen skills such as creativity, innovation and ingenuity
- You’ll develop the ability to prioritise and multitask on a cross-functional level
- You’ll develop knowledge of working across cultures, time zones and languages with colleagues from around the world in an office environment
- You’ll experience the global music industry at an international level
- You’ll learn the music life cycle of a song – from idea, to the publishing procedure on Spotify up to reaching No. 1 in the charts, as well as the usage in movies & TV, and more
- We help individuals achieve their career goals by investing in their development and success while cementing UMG’s position as the world leader in music-based entertainment
- UMG is committed to seeking and hiring the best, bold and innovative thinkers
- We are an open-minded organization
- Diversity and Tolerance – in humans and in music – are important to us
Please only apply online with a purposeful application. Please upload your cover letter, your CV and certificates as files (max. 10 MB per file).
We are looking forward receiving your application!