Universal Music is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
Digitalization is influencing almost every part of life, especially the music industry. As the number of sales units grows faster due to streams and downloads we must handle bigger data feeds, process them faster and analyze them more precisely to gather more and better insights.
These insights are indispensable for marketing, talent acquisition and controlling to remain competitive.
To support our Berlin Data Engineering team, we are looking for a Data Engineer (f/m).
You will support the Business Analytics/ Reporting teams to realize data concerning projects:
- Together with your colleagues you will build up automated ETL data pipelines to move and transform data from one end to another
- You discuss the overall process and decide within your team the best solution for the given problem
- You will be part of improving the current infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform. Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists and stakeholders
- You will advise other teams in terms of data, data warehousing and best practices
- As part of a team, you will plan ahead regarding tools, technology decisions and data needs
Who you are:
- The tasks on the left side ring a bell
- You love data when it’s located where it’s supposed to be located and looks the way it should look
- You have a Computer or Nature Science background
- Version Control is one of your biggest passions
- You are knowledgeable in data processing, data modeling and data storage techniques
- You have professional experience in designing, building and maintaining data systems and processes using cloud-based platforms or tools like Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Airflow
- When you think of Python you are not afraid to get bitten
- You like to work and discuss problems and solutions in a team
- You are familiar with Linux and not afraid to start virtual machines and kill them again.
- You are music driven and really care for the results you are producing
- And least basic German language essential
Who we are:
- We are a team with a constant desire to advance the Universal Music project and to venture into new territory
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- We live an open communication with a “you” across all hierarchies
- Diversity and tolerance — human and musical — are important to us
We are looking forward to your application!
Please send your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and your desired salary by uploading your cover letter, CV and references as files (max. 10 MB per file).