Universal Music is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
As part of Universal Music Group International – Global Classics & Jazz, you will be working for all the Classics and Jazz labels at Universal Music Group, in particular Deutsche Grammophon, as well as Decca Records, Verve, Blue Note and other international releases especially from Italy, France, Holland and Japan.
Placing the products of these labels in the international market is the key task of our International Marketing Division. We look after Promotion and Marketing for artists such as Lang Lang, Max Richter, Joep Beving, Anna Netrebko, Ludovico Einaudi, Andrea Bocelli, Gregory Porter but also promising newcomers like Daniil Trifonov, Vikingur Olafsson and Sheku Kanneh-Mason.
We are currently looking for three International Marketing Managers (w/m/d) — fixed term for 14 months -, located in our Berlin office who are part of an international team reporting into our London office.
- You develop worldwide marketing strategies and promotion campaigns for the artists/releases, alongside the labels, and execute them with the local operating companies worldwide.
- You ensure the delivery of all visual imagery (video, photography, promotional materials) for all acts to the market as appropriate and adapted as necessary.
- You are the link between the artists and their managements, labels, and local Universal Music Operations Companies and thus be working very closely with the artists.
- Understand and analyze the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- You travel to territories to support promotional activities where required.
- You have worked for a minimum of 3 years in Marketing (m/w/d) in the Music Industry and possess a broad knowledge of digital marketing strategies.
- You love music and preferably have a good knowledge of the classical and/or Jazz music repertoire.
- Ability to demonstrate required flexibility and initiative to successfully network and develop relationships with artists and their managements.
- Your English is flawless. German and other languages are very helpful.
- Your way to work is very structured. You are used to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly changing conditions don’t fluster you.
- You communicate pro-actively, are very confident speaking with artists, internal and external partners and get them enthusiastic for your ideas.
- Organizational skills – ability to balance conflicting priorities of a portfolio of artists recognizing the degree of urgency required.
- Creative imaginative thinking and open minded to unconventional ideas.
- You are willing to travel internationally and are used to flexible working hours in regard to communication in different time zones
And that’s how we are:
- We are one Team focused on our artists and their music
- In our business we have to make decisions quickly: we count on proactive employees who think ahead and find straightforward solutions
- We love to communicate openly across all hierarchies
- Diversity and tolerance – human and musically — are important to us.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please apply online with detailed application documents. Please upload your cover letter, your CV and references as files (max. 10MB each file) and also state in the question fields your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.