Last updated: 25 May 2020
The personal designations (e.g. participants) which are used in masculine form in this document for purely linguistic reasons, include persons of all genders (m/f/d).
In the case of fan campaigns such as sweepstakes, contests, and similar artist- or product-related marketing campaigns (collectively “Campaign”), Universal Music GmbH (“Universal Music”, “we” or “us”) enables the participant in the Campaign (“Participant”, “you”, “you” or “your”) to upload photos, videos, audio or texts (individually and collectively “Material”) on the website provided by us as part of the respective Campaign. Such content may also be retrieved by us from a social media channel if the Campaign is hosted in such context and the Participant posts on such channels or comments under the posting of the Campaign.
In the following we provide further information on the handling of personal data that may be contained in the Material you provide.
Personal data is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal data also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. Information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it is no longer possible for us to identify you, either in combination with other information or otherwise, is not considered personal data.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA THAT MAY BE CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL PROVIDED BY YOU
Regarding the Campaign, the following applies in addition:
- When participating, Universal Music collects personal data that you provide to us. Depending on each Campaign, this may be:
- First and/or last name;
- E-Mail Address;
- Other personal data that may be contained in the Material.
- In case of a Campaign hosted via Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok or similar social media platforms, in addition, the personal data collected may be:
- Facebook user name;
- Instagram account user name;
- TikTok account user name;
- Likeness of the Participant on Facebook, Instagram or TikTok;
- Other personal data that may be contained as information provided by Participant on Facebook, Instagram or TikTok in the Participant’s profile, comments or postings.
- Your material may be combined in an edited or unedited way with other Participants' Material or other marketing content (e.g. stock footage) as well as with music by the artist the Campaign is about and may be published in the form of a music video of the artist, other marketing video of the artist, postings or similar. A publication may be made, for example, without limitation, on the YouTube channels and similar social media channels of us or those of the artist or in the context of live performances of the artist. Depending on the Campaign, a publication in the form of a photo show or slideshow may also be made on the respective Campaign website. As a rule, you will find all information about the specific Campaign in the description of the respective Campaign, e.g. on the website of the Campaign or within the Campaign posting.
- Where the Campaign is a contest and the prize consists of the publication of the material of one or more specific Participants who are winners, the processing is carried out because it is necessary for the performance of the contract (Campaign) to which the Participant is a party or because it is already necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (Campaign) undertaken at the initiative of the Participant. If the use of the material is not part of the prize, the processing is usually carried out on the basis of your permission, which we obtain from you. In individual cases, it may also be necessary to process the material in order to protect our legitimate interests or those of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of personal data.
- If the Material is uploaded via a website provided by us, we usually provide a link in the footer of this website to automatically delete the Material that is no longer used. Unused Material will be automatically deleted from our servers usually 4 weeks after the closing date for participation. If the Campaign takes place on social media channels, please note that the respective provider (e.g. Facebook, TikTok, etc.) uses the content you post on their own responsibility and that we have no influence on the processing or duration of storage of the respective provider. If we further use and publish the Material within the scope of the promotion (e.g. in the form of a music video on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or similar social media channels), the Material will be uploaded to the servers of the respective provider of the social media channel and stored there. Please note our separate privacy policies regarding the respective providers:
If we publish the Material as part of the Campaign on our channels (e.g. in the form of a music video on YouTube or similar social media channels), we generally keep the Material publicly available for a period of 24 months. In individual cases, however, we can agree a different period with you.
You may obtain information about the data stored about you at any time and, if we store the data on our servers, you may request that it be deleted, corrected or blocked.